In order to use affirmations effectively there a few things you need to do. Follow the steps below and you’ll find that manifesting what you want to have, be or do in your life is easier than you think!
1. Make sure that your affirmation is taking place in the HERE and NOW.
– You don’t want to say, “I will be prosperous,” as this indicates to the subconscious that being rich is not important to you NOW but sometime in the future.
2. Use the first person when stating positive affirmations. For example, “I am healthy, wealthy and wise.”
– To add even more power to the affirmation include your full name in the statement, i.e. “I, Jane Doe, am healthy, wealthy and wise.”
– I’ve found that using You statements in affirmations is also very effective. An example, “You, Jane Doe, are healthy, wealthy and wise.”
– These are the most common beginnings to positive success affirmations that are used: “I AM…” “I HAVE…” “I CHOOSE…” “I CAN…”
3. Make sure to work with only one or two affirmations at a time. This will give them the chance to work on your subconscious mind.
4. Repetition. Repetition. Repetition. You won’t get effective results if you say your affirmation once in the morning and never again.
Write out your affirmations 15 or more times every morning and every night.
Say them out loud to yourself in the mirror using You statements.
Repeat them throughout the day if you find yourself having negative thoughts.
Record your positive affirmations on tape and play them back in the car, at home, at the gym.
Sing your affirmations out loud in the shower.
5. Don’t give up! Often when you suddenly begin experiencing negative thoughts after using positive affirmations, your ego is kicking in and trying to stop you from changing the status quo.
Work through it…keep using your positive affirmations.
Write out whatever doubts you have, then turn them around by choosing to believe in your affirmations for a little while longer.
Read positive success, motivational or famous inspirational quotes.
Have inspirational books around that you can pick up and leaf through when you need some help to stay positive.
Use affirmation software to give more power to your affirmations and to speed up their manifestation.
6. Use visualization to increase the power of your positive affirmation. See and feel yourself living the experience of being rich or successful or thin or whatever it is you are trying to manifest in your life.
The better you can see yourself living the life of your dreams the more quickly your positive affirmation will come true.
7. HAVE FUN!
If you’re not having fun with the process, what’s the point?